Are you suffering from a Kidney stone problem? If yes, then you need to check out the Chanca Piedra. Chanca Piedra is a herb, where the whole plant is used for medicinal purposes. This is a very well known name in the ancient medicinal systems around the world especially in the Indian Ayurvedic system where Chanca piedra is used for treating kidney and liver diseases.
Chanca piedra is known as country gooseberry or bhumi amla in Ayurvedic terms. Now let’s look at some of the benefits of using this medicinal plant.
Medicinal Uses of Chanca Piedra
Due to its chemical composition, Country gooseberry is known for its antispasmodic (which relieves spasms and pain) properties.
- This is especially used in treating kidney stones. Country gooseberry is popularly known as stone crusher in Spanish for a reason. Although there haven’t been many scientific studies to confirm the effectiveness of this herb in treating renal stones people around the globe have been experiencing relief in kidney stone symptoms after using this ‘country gooseberry’ for few days.
- This is used in treating other urinary infections and inflammations.
- It can be used in treating vaginal discharge.
- It is used in treating the symptoms of high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes as well.
- Some other instances where this herb is being used widely are in the treatment of hepatitis B, gallstones, different kinds of fever and sexually transmitted diseases.
How does Chanca Piedra help in treating kidney stones?
- Country gooseberry acts as a natural diuretic that helps to flush out toxins and mineralized structures that are lodged in the urinary tract.
- This herb is also believed to reduce the Calcium content present in the urine.
- Prevents minerals from forming crystalized structures in the kidney
- Reduces urinary crystallization promoters
How to Intake Chanca Piedra?
Usually, Chanca Piedra is prescribed in the form of an infusion (concentrate) in Ayurvedic medicine. Observing strict dietary constraints is a must for maximum benefits. Depending on the severity of the condition one might be prescribed anywhere between 1 to 3 cups of infusion every day. But please remember that you need to take your Doctor’s permission before trying any type of DIY treatments and natural health remedies.